Saturday, September 5, 2009

2 toe nails down...

That's right, they are gone, frightfully so....
2 weekends ago I went backpacking 28 miles with my brand new hiking boots. They are beautiful and wonderful, but had never been worn. I've been wearing flipyfloppies all summer long. My feet haven't been enclosed in a shoe in...months. Anyway, the first 12 miles went fine...it was the second set, the next ten, that killed me. I got huge blisters on both my heels (we are talking huge, like bigger than a 50 cent piece), one on each big toe and then one on each of the two toes after that. Oh, and one on the outside of my foot. So by day three, walking wasn't really working out well for me. I pretty much stumbled along for 6 miles and then fell over at the car. Anyway, I popped the blisters on each of the second toe only to realize they both went under my toe nail, lifting it up...and then last week, pulling them off. I realize that this is very disgusting...but your still reading right?! Ok, all that to say, I now only have 8 toe nails and I am afraid the other 2 won't grow back, or they won't grow back the same. :( Laurey tried to comfort me and tell me I could just paint the skin and no one would know. We will see.





This is the beginning

Having a good time

boots of death

wanting to die

2 comments:

jessie said...

umm someone gave it to us during training. I thought it was awesome. :) and I just now saw your blog for the first time. I miss your guts like something serious.

Illflyaway said...

um, i clearly cannot work pics on a blog. the captions are all out of order. I hate technology.